A BIRD BY ANOTHER NAME IS WORTH MANY FORWARDS

Watch this video.



Isn't this incredible? And it's a real bird, not a fake one. There's no doubt there. It's a vulnerable specie called Longwattled Umbrella bird that is found in South America.

Only hitch is that this video came to me with a message that was as inaccurate as it was disturbing.

This is video of Surkhab bird, its price is Rs. 25 lakhs. 19 photographers had given their 62 precious days, then they able to shoot this video. Pl must see the video. 

I am disturbed because a price has been mentioned for it, treating it as a commodity rather than a natural specie.

Also, the Surkhab is a different bird altogether. Possibly.
Because I don't have a convincing enough source to confirm that the Surkhab is the same as a Ruddy Shelduck.

But I can say, even without knowing enough about birds, that the bird in the video is not a Surkhab.

Why am I not surprised? When we can easily attribute a name and legacy to a human being without thinking twice, what difference does it make to a bird that can't defend itself against misnaming, or for that matter, when a price is attributed to it?

But I would really like to know more about the 19 photographers who spent 62 precious days to shoot this video. As far as I can see, this video was uploaded originally here on Youtube.

Comments